Friday, June 21, 2019

Arliah's Persuasive Writing


                    No Uniforms

Have you ever wanted to pick your own clothes out for school instead of boring old school uniforms.In my opinion I think that children should have the choice of picking their own clothes out for school.

My first reason is because some people don’t enjoy wearing the same clothes every single day.

Another reason is because school uniforms doesn’t allow  people to have individuality.

My last reason is because wearing uniforms takes away your freedom of expression.

My facts
My first fact is that they cost more than normal clothes.

My second fact is Tony Volk (from brock university)said that school uniforms don’t stop bullying they actually increase violent attacks.




Persuasive Writing Success Criteria

Introduction
  • Opening question
  • Opinion/Reason

3 Reasons
  • Each paragraph is one idea supported with your reasons/facts

Conclusion
  • This ties back/recaps back to the introduction

Highlight evidence of linking words.

Feed back:

I really like how you did everything as you where and how your reasons where spot on.

Hannah

Thank you for your feedback Hannah and I know now that I need to work on my linking words.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Arliah its Lily here from M1 and I really enjoyed reading your persuasive piece of writing I love how you added in a name which was Tony Volk from brock university.The Next step learning for you would remember to put the reasons into the correct order because you put you last reason in the middle and your second reason at the bottom. Keep up the good work from Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora, Arliah! Kyah here from M1! I love your reason! I do wish to pick my own clothes for school! I agree, I dont like wearing the same clothes to school, Every, Single, Day! Next step learning could be to add things in the correct place! Keep up the good work tho! bon travail Arliah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you have backed up your opinion with evidence, well done Arlaih

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Arliah .It's Nova here from T4
    I like that you have stared with a strong opinion. I agree with you we should be able to wear not our school uniform every single day.Next time you could add your writing in order. Did you enjoy this task?
    By fro now

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.